I am finally ready to talk about the events that happened over the weekend. It’s taken me three full days to recover, so you know it must have been a good trip, scratch that– the best trip I’ve had to Mi-Muk.
At least once a year, my friends sneak away to a cabin hidden in a tiny village in Northern California. It’s always a weekend full of alcohol and adventures; but this time, it was all about friends.
We had all come together to celebrate the departure of Mo as he ventures on to a new life in Colorado. And while there are no great sex stories from Mi-Wuk, there are lessons to be learned. This is my survival guide for those of you who are brave enough to venture that way:
- The local bar “Diamond Jim’s” definitely casts a spell on you! Your dignity and pride can be left at the door, no one cares.
- There are no specialty drinks at “Diamond Jim’s” that you should know about. You are not in LA and the bartender will look at you funny if you ask.
- Don’t leave your drink unattended. I don’t care if you’ve known your best friend for 18 years, she will tamper with it.
- Recognize the band for what they are… THE BEST BAND EVER!
- Just because he has a pulse, don’t offer yourself to him. Not all guys want to have meaningless sex–who knew?
- Don’t talk to creepy old guys. They will call you Snooki and think it’s a pickup line.
- When getting in a spa at 3am, keep your clothes on!
- If you start out the day playing beer pong, everyone will need a nap at some point.
- Playing “catch-up” is necessary when arriving late.
- Doing illegal things in a car is not wise! Especially when stopped in traffic on the freeway.
- Good friends are hard to come by. When you find them, stay close and always make time to get together.
That about sums up my day and a half in Mi-Wuk Village. Leaving my friends behind was sad, but we made a pact to make a trip like this once a year. Next stop– Colorado! Who’s in?